Hotels in Miami
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Hotel Guest Rating: 5.4/10
18401 Collins Avenue
Sunny Isles Beach, FL 33160
Welcome to the Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
A white-sand beach, full-service cafe and comfy rooms are key features for Priceline guests staying at Days Hotel Thunderbird Beach Resort.
The 180 rooms at this beachfront resort each feature cable TV with HBO, a mini-fridge and a coffeemaker. Select accommodations also have a kitchenette and/or a balcony with an ocean view. Non-smoking options are available. There's also an expansive sandy beach, a hot tub, a children's pool, a fitness center, a beauty salon, a gift shop and free shuttle service to area attractions, including South Beach. The retro Thunderbird Cafe serves breakfast, lunch and dinner. A Tiki bar on the beach is the place for cocktails. Parking is available for a fee.
Days Hotel Thunderbird Beach Resort is located five miles from I-95 at Exit 16. The resort is three miles from Oleta River State Park, known for its stellar off-road biking trails, fishing and canoe and kayak rentals. The awe-inspiring Ancient Spanish Monastery is within four miles away; Bal Harbour Shops, home to some 100 world-class jewelry and fashion boutiques like Gucci, Prada and Louis Vuitton, are within five miles from the hotel, and South Beach's way-cool Art Deco Historic District is within 12 miles away. Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport is 12 miles from the property; Miami International Airport is 20 miles away.
Priceline guests speak highly of Days Hotel Thunderbird Beach Resort's "great-looking lobby" and "amazing location" along the white sands of Sunny Isles Beach.
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort Amenities
- 24-hour front desk
- Accessible parking
- Adjoining rooms
- Air conditioning
- Alarm clock
- ATM/Cash machine
- Beauty shop/salon
- Business center
- Coffee/Tea maker
- Complimentary continental breakfast
- Complimentary in-room coffee or tea
- Data port
- Desk with lamp
- Exercise gym
- Exterior corridors
- Free newspaper
- High speed internet access
- High speed internet connection
- Ice machine
- Ironing board
- Lunch served in restaurant
- Meeting rooms
- Non-smoking rooms (generic)
- Outdoor parking
- Outdoor pool
- Photocopy center
- Recreational vehicle parking
- Remote control television
- Rollaway bed
- Room service - full menu
- Shoe shine stand
- Transportation services - local area
- Valet parking
- Vending machines
- Wireless internet connection
Upon check-in photo identification and a credit card are required. All special requests are subject to availability upon check-in. Special requests cannot be guaranteed and may incur additional charges.
Hotel Guest Reviews of the Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach ResortOur hotel ratings and reviews are from real hotel guests. Priceline.com ensures that its reviews are guests-only by proactively sending hotel surveys to customers after they've completed their hotel stays. In the post-stay surveys, priceline.com hotel customers are asked a number of questions about their stay and the hotel. On a scale of 1-10 with 10 being the best, the survey asks guests to rate their overall experience and specifically rate the hotel's cleanliness, staff and location. Priceline.com does not allow site visitors to post unsolicited hotel reviews.
June 12, 2013
Family Traveling with Teens
Ok for an average Days Inn, but not a "resort"
June 8, 2013
Close to the beach, in fact it's on the beach. They have small pool and jacuzzi with green water. They charge 11$ resort fee.... Rooms have balcony and it's great.
June 5, 2013
Family Traveling with Teens
Older hotel and therefore small rooms, but I know that. It was good except the small beds and horrible pillows.
May 18, 2013
When I got to the front desk, the attendant insisted that I did not have a reservation. Only after I produced a copy of the confirmation email did he surmise that I might have a reservation but they had not "downloaded it yet." I was told to go "sit over there" and he'll call me when he was ready. Ten minutes pass. 15 minutes pass still no call. I finally went back to the front desk, and was told the same exact story. I was given no timeframe when I could expect to be taken care of. A walk down the hall to my room reminded me of the hospital that I work in. With the exception of furniture strewn about the narrow walkway and a gaggle of exceptionally loud maids loitering in the halls. See attached pictures for reference. I decided to go to the beach. There were only two "full size" towels in the bathroom, and the list of amenities stated that beach towels were available so I went downstairs to request appropriately sized towels. What the amenities list did not mention was that beach towels are only available 9-5. I told the front desk clerk that I needed at least four more towels since I was only given 2 to begin with. IHe looked at me like I was absolutely insane. Still he produced 4 more towels. When I got to the beach and opened the towels I noticed that they had multiple yellow stains. I was appalled. Again see attached pictures. As I'm writing the email housekeeping is knocking on the door despite placement of the "do not disturb" door hanger. There is construction going on right now somewhere in the building and the walls are literally shaking. To say that I am disappointed is a gross understatement. To say that I will most likely never return is not an accurate representation of just how far I will go out of my way to never stay here again. I am not sure why days inn continues to affiliate themselves with this awful hotel. I've stayed in a days in and had a perfectly wonderful, stressless time. ...
May 16, 2013
by far the worst hotel room i have ever stayed in .. the air conditioning in our room was off for 3 days (in miami) .. they were doing construction early in the morning so i was awoken several times .. i will NEVER stay here again!!!
May 13, 2013
This is a simple hotel for people that just want a place to take a shower and rest a little bit, after a long day having fun in Miami, because I believe that when you travel to Miami, the last thing you are willing to do is to stay at the hotel. The location is good, near Aventura Mall, beaches, supermarket etc. Mybe the hotel would need some improvements, but for me it was ok. ...
May 6, 2013
Good location, but lots of hidden fees, breakfast is subpar. Ver dyes hotel and decor except for lobby.go figure.
May 5, 2013
Family Traveling with Young Children
Pro- On the beach. Quirky. Staff was reasonably helpful. Cons- Everything else: No thermostat in rooms; thin walls-- you can hear everything; cleaning staff wouldn't vacuum our room while we were there-- so sand in rug; no water pressure in shower; you have to ask about continental breakfast and they'll give you a voucher for a bagel; the fitness center was the saddest thing I've ever seen and reeked of ammonia; Hidden fees; internet is not free. The furnishings look original to the hotel in the 50s-- each bed had a board between the box spring and mattress. ...
May 2, 2013
May 1, 2013
1. The hotel staff are rude. 2. Take a look at the so called free breakfast -- toasts are free. That's it. You have to pay for everything else. 3. Very crappy and old room. 4. The sink was leaking and flooded the bathroom, which was very gross. 5. It was so cold in the room, and you can't even adjust the AC. What was worse -- it was making loud, wired noises that made it difficult for us to fall asleep. 6. They wouldn't even let us change the room with all those disturbing things going on in our room. 7. The only reason we stayed in this hotel was to save money for our trip, but we paid all parking fees, resort fees and other random fees, which made this hotel not cheap at all (AT LEAST NOT WORTH THE EXPERIENCE WE HAD.) 8. They do have very good location, but any other hotel along Miami Beach has really good beach access. 9. Overall, HORRIBLE HORRIBLE HOTEL!!!! DO NOT RUIN YOUR TRIP BY STAYING AT THIS HOTEL. You will get: very unpleasant experience + end up paying more than what you pay in a much better hotel. ...
(1 - 10 of 58 reviews)
- Marenas Resort from $179 (0.2mi)
- Trump International Beach Resort from $205 (0.3mi)
- Acqualina Resort & Spa On The Beach from $400 (0.4mi)
- Ramada Plaza Marco Polo Beach Resort from $99 (0.5mi)
- Travelodge Monaco N Miami And Sunny Isles Beach from $79 (0.6mi)
- Chipotle (3.3mi)
- Little Havana Restaurant Inc (4.5mi)
- Stadium Diner (5.3mi)
- Las Vegas (6.3mi)
- Mama Jennies Pizza (6.4mi)
Most Popular Guest-Rated Hotels in Miami
- Hyatt Regency Coral Gables
- Hampton Inn & Suites Miami-West At Doral Blvd.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown Miami/Brickell